6-page generic policy on backups and archives.
Valuable data stored online on IT systems and networks (including cloud storage) must be backed up regularly to secure off-line storage. Valuable data that must be retained long-term must be securely archived. Supporting standards and procedures must specify the mechanisms to minimize the associated information risks.
Delivered as an editable MS Word document, easily customized for your organization's specific needs.
Backups and archives policy
Template policy on backups and archives
See also the policies on:
- Information governance
- Information ownership
- Information risk management
- Information classification
- BCM Business Continuity Management
- IT systems implementation
- Change and configuration management
- Patching and updating software
- Information disposal